Meeting Notes for 16 September 2009
Present: Liz, Phong, TomL, Mihael, Dan
Absent: Marge, Eric, TomJ, Bob
- SWIFT has money for maintenance work
- Get more grid power - not just a grid of one (cluster)
- Tuesday, Mihael+Phong meet on 22 September at ND (arrive 11-12 Eastern Time)
- Mihael is playing with a computer tool for the cosmic ray detector: (Image)
- Bluestone has SWIFTification code but is presently used.
- OGRE - what's the plan for grid infrastructure
- We build a specific file structure, pick off the existing dimuon triggers
- We are likely going to use a Tier 2 center for the CMS data
- Right now the system runs only on one CPU
- Main ROOT cost is parsing the data (not reading it in!). Several seconds per file.
- Test-beam data is ~80 files but not usually used in max.
- Splitting files? Might lead to serious duplication.
- Plot <-> e-Lab bridge needs to be implemented in OGRE
- Non-viewable (in browser) image types
- Data needs to be controlled by someone at CMS
- Implicit in the skimming?
- In case there is an issue - we need to be able to pull and regenerate data.
- What do we do with existing plots and posters?
- Timestamp them?
- Notification when data has changed?
- Changelogs - insert into plot metadata?
- Question - are we going to let the users discover nifty things - but also restrict them from the good data?
-- Main.PhongNguyen - 16 Sep 2009