Meeting Notes for 15 Jul 2009
Present: Marge, Liz, Phong, Mihael, TomL
Absent: Bob, TomJ, Eric
- Posters gone missing on LIGO
www18 - Phong'll investigate.
- Mihael is adding in more plots to the posters, bibliography section.
- The one grid node we have access to has 512-1024 CPUs.
- Bottleneck is transferring data to the grid nodes to compute things on (I/O-bound)
- Grid storage might not be tenable.
- Model needs to be updated for the analysis time estimator
- Grid reliability issues
- 1 August deadline
- Workshops begin 10 August
- Complete by 1 August, test over next week and deploy on 7 Aug?
- Redesign in progress, rollovers are up on
www13, CSS cleanup in progress.
- Mihael is testing Bluestone-on-SWIFT
- Present Bluestone plots don't really need the power of the grid
- How does a kid classify LIGO events?
- Correlate with USGS data?
- Eventually students would get a feel for data
- Provide tools to identify and triangulate events? Plot a heading. Google Earth/Google Maps integration?
- Eric is attempting to get data past 4 January 2009 for us.
- LIGO community pages in the wiki are showing the wrong skin.
- LIGO community needs to be self-contained (not showing Cosmic)
- May have some PHP/JSP integration issues
- Re-running Bluestone analyses would take some good amount of work.
- Show students what an earthquake event might look like?
- Or have students find things and then explore?
- Teacher might want to show what one looks like.
- 2008 posters are missing on
-- Main.PhongNguyen - 15 Jul 2009